Happy Dance Season
Welcome to Classic Tap's 2017-18 dance season! We are very excited to be back in the swing, as well as to see our dance families and their beautiful faces. We are so very happy to have all returning students back to dance and would like to extend a warm welcome to our new ones!
After 18 years in business and countless students passing through our doors, Classic Tap is blessed to be able to continue serving the Salem-Keizer community. Our gratitude to past and present dancers and their families is absolutely immeasurable!
We are looking forward to another great season with fun events along the way; such as fundraisers, the holiday bazaar, intermittent local performances and much more! Don't miss out on all that Classic Tap has to offer. Thanks so much for dancing with us and cheers to another great year!!!
*For Holiday closures, please see our Calendar page
Classic Tap is starting up another 4 week session of Ballroom lessons!!!
It's been several years, but we're ready to get couples (or singles) back into the studio to learn how to dance as 2! We've had several inquiries for "Couples Dance" so ask......and you shall receive.
We are looking to begin a 4 week session on Thursday nights from 7 to 8pm running August 10th - August 31st. Price per couple is $100 for the session, and $50 for singles. Please contact the studio for further details and "Share" if you know someone that wants to have a little Summer fun!
Come join us on Friday, December 9th, 2016 from 6-8pm.
We'll have vendors including Scentsy, Posh, Younique, Avon, Thirty-One, Longaberger, and a small selection of handcrafted furniture pieces by Shawn Salter.
This is a great opportunity to do some Christmas shopping, support local small businesses, and enjoy some dancing by our advanced students. We hope to see you there!
Our vendors are graciously donating a portion of their proceeds from the evening to a fund for our Performing Company students to attend the JUMP Dance Convention in March 2017.
Fall classes have begun and we are well on our way to having a great year of dance! Thank you to all our returning students, and a warm welcome to all new students joining us this year - we are glad you are here!
As things get rolling this season, a couple reminders:
- Costume balance is due by December 15. Exact costumes and costs will be decided within the next couple months. We suggest paying towards this extra cost in addition to your regular monthly tuition over the next few months.
- Along these lines, we will be having a fundraiser toward costume costs beginning at the end of October, partnering with Willamette Valley Pie Company. More info on this coming soon!
If any questions about this year, tuition, classes, etc. arise, we are here to help!
Here's to another great year of dance!
Dress Rehearsal: June 17th @ 4:30pm
- All students MUST be at the West Salem HS Auditorium on Friday June 17th at 4:30pm.
- Full Dress is required for this rehearsal
- Students will be dismissed after running their dances, but are welcome to stay for the duration
- Only one parent/guardian is allowed to accompany each student during rehearsal
- This will be the last night to pick up complimentary tickets and to purchase show tickets at the pre-sale rate (see Annual Recital tab for show costs.)
Recitals: June 18th @ 1pm and 6pm
- Call times: Students in BOTH shows on Saturday must arrive in costume at 12 noon; Students in the 6pm show must arrive at 5pm
- All students under 18 years old MUST be checked In and Out with parent before and after show NOT INTERMISSION; Students in both shows will remain backstage for the day and can be checked out after the 6pm Curtain Call
Drop off is the side "Auditorium" entrance to West Salem High School
- West Salem HS Drama Dept will be selling light food/drink during Intermissions
- Classic Tap will be selling single red/pink roses for $3 each and handmade 'Congrats' cards for $2 or $4 each before each show and during Intermission Only; CASH ONLY PLEASE
Your Students Will Love Receiving these Flowers and Cards for a Job WELL DONE!!!
Thank you for your love, support and for trusting the Classic Tap Team to bring you and your children the gift of Dance!
Classic Tap will be taking all class photos during regularly scheduled class times the week of Ma16th - 21st. Photo envelopes will be given to students the first week in May,and once again this year we are happy to have Dorian Studios as our photographers.
Students must come prepared with costume(including proper footwear), hair and make-up done prior to class time!
Classic Tap's 16th Annual Recital was FANTASTIC! One of our studio parents, Rogene Talento, was nice enough to take photos throughout both shows and create a website to view and purchase those shots. Enjoy!
Make-up example for recital.
Cheap Make-up Options
- Under $4 each
- Eye Shadow – Cover Girl #455 (apply damp)
- Pink Lip – Wet n Wild #905D
- Red Lip – Wet n Wild #911D
- Black Eye Liner – Wet n Wild Liquid #869